Database Access Troubleshooting
Question: How do I sign in to use the library?
Answer: The library has two logins:
- If you desire to access the online library resources, you will sign in through OpenAthens when you click on a library database or use the EBSCO search. See the instructions below for help with OpenAthens log-in.
- The login at the library catalog is for your library catalog account, where you can see which books you have checked out and renew them. You do NOT need to sign in here to access online library resources. Instructions for setting up this password are on the right side of the library catalog page.
Logging in to online library resources
To check if you are able to access the library databases, follow these steps:
- Go to this link: https://libguides.ciu.edu/eds
- Do you see an OpenAthens sign-in like the one below, with CIU at the top?
- Does it show "Sign in using" Access for Student MyCIU (and not FacStaff or Alumni MyCIU)?
- Are you signing in with your my.ciu.edu username (usually firstname.lastname)? DO NOT use your full email address or any capital letters in your username.
- Are you signing in with your my.ciu.edu password? (And are you able to sign in to my.ciu.edu?)
- If you get an error stating incorrect username/password, try using a different browser or clearing the cache/cookies in the browser you are using.
After a period of time, EBSCO databases will time out and you will see the screen below.
If this happens, go back to the CIU library website and select a database again or enter a search into the EBSCO Discovery Service search box.
If you see the page below, it is because the link you clicked on was not a working link.
To prevent this, always use the permalink, rather than copying the URL at the top of browser.
- For EBSCO databases, the permalink for an item can be found in the options on the right side of the screen.
- For JSTOR, add the stable number to the end of this URL: https://go.openathens.net/redirector/ciu.edu?url=http://www.jstor.org/stable/
- For Gale databases, use "Get Link" at the top right of the screen.
Access from Another Library
You may have difficulty accessing the CIU library databases when you are at another library (at a different school or a public library) because you are automatically being connected to their database access. You might see the error message below.
To solve this, use one of the following links:
- EBSCO Discovery Service: https://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?authtype=shib&custid=s3260518&groupid=main&profile=eds
- EBSCOhost: https://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?authtype=shib&custid=s3260518&groupid=main&profile=ehost
Then you can try another CIU database, such as Proquest: https://go.openathens.net/redirector/ciu.edu?url=http://search.proquest.com/?accountid=27682
You will always need to first use one of the links above before accessing a different database such as Proquest.
- EBSCO: a company from which the library has many of the databases
- OpenAthens: the authentication system through which CIU students/staff gain access to the library databases
- Discovery Service: the primary search tool (from EBSCO) that searches resources from most of the library databases
- Database: a library database is a searchable collection of the citations (and often full-text) of journal articles, books, ebooks, dissertations, and much more
If these procedures do not resolve your problem and you still cannot sign in to the library databases, contact Kevin Flickner: